One man is counting his losses after losing his home to a fire in Block 2000, Old Montrose, yesterday on Christmas Eve.

Reports indicate that the sole occupant of the house had been involved in an altercation with another villager earlier yesterday afternoon. The villager appeared to be intoxicated. The occupant of the home then left his home to treat an injury that he sustained during the altercation.

Approximately twenty minutes after, around 5 pm, someone reportedly noticed smoke coming out of the house. The fire quickly spread throughout the entire house – completely burning it to the ground. The fire also continued to spread to adjoining properties, which also caused minimal damage to these homes.

The St Vincent and the Grenadines Fire Department was called in and quickly responded.

Persons in the area thanked the fire service for their quick action in ensuring that the fires did not completely damage other properties nearby.

The Central Water and Sewage Authority (CWSA) also recently repaired the fire hydrant in the area, close to where the fire occurred.

Officers working in the Criminal Investigations Department was also present questioning persons on the scene.

At this time. it remains unclear as to whether the fire was set intentionally or caused by an accident. This however raises speculations of villagers.

The owner of the house lost his home approximately three (3) years ago in Lodge Village, also by fire.

Subscribe for News updates

Enter your email address to subscribe and receive notifications when new stories are posted.