( Barbados Today)The 24-hour curfew will remain in effect until midnight May 3, Prime Minister Mia Mottley has announced.

In a national address this evening, Mottley said Cabinet took the decision after wide consultations.

She said: “It is our judgment that we are going to need to be able to hold strain a little longer and the activities, which may need to have come to an end on April 14th with restricted movement, should now be extended until midnight May 3rd.

“That means that on May 4th, that will be the first day we go back to a non-restricted, non 24-hour curfew.”

Government had enforced a 24-hour curfew on April 3 to curb the spread of COVID-19.

Barbados currently has 68 cases of COVID-19. Four people have died so far.

Subscribe for News updates

Enter your email address to subscribe and receive notifications when new stories are posted.