The Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment wishes to advise the general public that as part of the its mosquito control programme for the adult Aedes aegypti mosquito, the Insect Vector Control Unit will be conducting fogging operations in the following areas commencing at 5:00 pm daily on the island of St. Vincent.
Monday, 12th September 2022 – Diamond, Paul’s Avenue, Langley Park, Mount Greenaan & Fitz Hughes
Tuesday, 13th September 2022 – Diamond, Level Garden, Trotmans, Mount Greenaan, Gordon Yard & Belmont
Wednesday, 14th September 2022 – Brighton, McKies Hill, Bay Road, Yambou & Belle Isles
Thursday, 15th September 2022 – Brighton, Paul’s Over, Spring, Peruvian Vale & Walliabou
Please take note of the following:
- Home and business owners in the named areas are reminded to keep their windows and doors open to allow the fog to take effect.
- Motorists are kindly asked to take caution.
- Persons who are suffering from any respiratory illnesses are kindly asked to take the necessary precautionary measures.
- Residents are also encouraged to prevent the breeding of mosquitoes in their yard and to protect themselves from mosquito bites during the day.
- Members of the public are reminded that the completion of the scheduled fogging activities may be affected by events beyond the control of the Unit. In such circumstances, the Unit will return to the scheduled communities as soon as possible.