Police have dispelled rumors that the cash reward on offer for anyone who could provide
information which in turn would lead to the arrest of the perpetrator(s) of the mass shooting
which occurred in Kingstown on July 19 had been cashed in.
Assistant Commissioner of Police, Trevor Bailey, said at a press briefing on Monday that that
was not true and that the reward was still up for grabs.
Shortly following the shooting deaths of Lamont ‘Dutchie” Hector, Dondre Hillocks, Jamal
Bobb, Rick Taylor and Kashie Primus in the Upper Kingstown area, commonly referred to as
‘Harbor Club’ police issued a statement that it was offering a reward of $50,000 to anyone
who could provide information that can lead to the arrest, and eventual conviction of those
involved in the incident.
“We are urging members of society to feel free to cooperate with the police and provide any
information that they may have irrespective of how slight you may consider the information
that you are in possession of,” ACP Bailey said.
He added that any information will be accommodated and that none will be turned away.
The ACP updated the nation on the status of the case saying that the police had received 12
statements and that they have been also receiving assistance from their counterparts in St
Lucia and St Kitts.
According to ACP Bailey, a team from St Lucia had conducted a forensic examination of the
vehicle alleged to have been used in the incident.
“The team, naturally, would have left with what was gathered from the processing of that
vehicle and we await the forensic analysis of the exhibits that are related to this,” ACP Bailey
He said that they had also sought the assistance of colleagues in St Kitts to conduct further
analysis of the exhibits that are related to the mass shooting.