FEBRUARY 22, 2021 8:00 PM
1. Due to overcast conditions and very high winds over the last few days, it was impossible for the
drone flight to be conducted in order to make visual observations of the conditions inside the volcano and survey the new dome.
However, satellite images of La Soufriere Volcano taken on
February 17, 2021 confirm that the new dome continues to grow slowly.
2. NEMO staff will be conducting a drive through in the Rose Hall Community on Tuesday 23rd
February 2021. The purpose of this drive through is to update residents on the state of the La
Soufrière Volcano, and to provide information on evacuation procedures and individual
3. The National Emergency Management Organisation is reminding the public that no evacuation order or notice has been issued.
4. NEMO continues to appeal to the public to desist from visiting the La Soufrière Volcano,
especially going into the crater, since doing so is extremely dangerous.
5. NEMO will continue to provide regular updates on all activities taking place at La Soufriere