The Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment wishes to advise the general public that as part of the its mosquito control programme for the adult Aedes aegypti mosquito, the Insect Vector Control Unit will be conducting fogging operations at schools across St. Vincent and the island of Bequia commencing at 5:00 pm daily.
In addition the following areas will be treated:
Wednesday, 31st March 2021 – Calder & Victoria Village
Thursday, 1st April 2021 – Stubbs, Green Hill, Fountain, Cane Hall, Fairbane Pasture, Cedars, Keartons, Barrouallie, Three Rivers & South Rivers
Please take note of the following:
• Home and business owners in the named areas are reminded to keep their windows and doors open to allow the fog to eliminate the adult mosquitoes inside the home.
• Motorists are kindly asked to take caution.
• Persons who are suffering from any respiratory illnesses are kindly asked to take the necessary precautionary measures.
• Residents are also encouraged to prevent the breeding of mosquitoes in their yard and to protect themselves from mosquito bites during the day.
• Please note adverse weather conditions can affect fogging operations.