As St Vincent and the Grenadines continues to encourage its citizens to get vaccinated against COVID-19, a reminder has been made about the Abdala (Cuban) vaccine and children.
On its official Facebook page, the Ministry of Health states: “Did you know? The Abdala (Cuban) vaccine is also available for children 5 years and older? Interested parents or guardians are asked to call their nearest vaccination site for more information.”
The COVID-19 vaccines available in St Vincent and the Grenadines are:
- AstraZeneca – 4 to 12-week interval between two doses.
- Sputnik V (component 1&2) – 21 days interval between two doses.
- Sputnik Light (component 1) – One Dose
- Pfizer – 21 days interval between two doses.
- Abdala – 3 doses 2 weeks intervals (will be best administered in groups of 10).